We want YOU for Roller Derby!
Wenn du schon auf Nadeln sitzt und nicht mehr warten möchtest, kannst du auch gerne an einem unserer Trainings teilnehmen oder einfach mal zuschauen kommen.
Absolutely no previous experiences and/or knowledge is required – everybody has to start at some point, so start with us!
Visit us on one of our monthly recruiting days and feel the derby atmosphere!
Want to help out?
LRD is run solely by volunteers and it takes a lot of work to run the league, so we ask everyone to contribute in ways such as leading a warm up/cool down, coaching (when you’re ready), web design, setting up the track, organizing outdoor skates or (especially athletic) social outings, looking for new venues etc. Let us know if you have any special skills (graphic or web design, contacts with media or venues, a fondness for yoga and ability to lead a cool down stretch etc.)!
ready to buy your own skates and gear?
Finally, take your time and don’t panic! Many of our skaters started out all wobbly but look at them now! We all love to help out newbies, so don’t be afraid to grab a hold of one of us and ask for some tips.
Skaters ♀ and referees ♀♂
- + 18 yrs only
- it’s no matter of age or physical condition
as long as you feel fit enough to start skating but we’ll get you in shape either way
- Skaters – female only (sorry, guys!)
- Referees – all men are welcome!
Even if you don’t want to skate – we still need you! Every bout and every single event is organized by LRD itself – and that’s plenty of work besides skating. So go and become a non-skating-official (NSO) and support the league! When it comes to bouts, you’re the ref’s right hand and keep track of scores, penalties and game/jam/penalty times.
Referees only ♀♂
- You count the points and give penalties.
- Without you we can’t play!
- You take care of the game being fair and at the same time you keep the skaters safe.
- It’s challenging – no doubt about that! But it can be by far the most satisfying part you can ever have withing a teamsport like Roller Derby.
- Plus: you wear a fancy striped referee shirt